Zucchini Noodle Cacio e Pepe
Cheese and pepper star in this simple Italian dish. While the combo is traditionally tossed with pasta, we toss Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper with zucchini noodles instead for a lower-carb dish that helps you get in an extra serving of veggies. To simplify the recipe, look for prepackaged zucchini noodles in the produce section of your supermarket.
- 4 medium Zucchini (2 1/2 pounds), trimmed.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 tbsp 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- ¾ cup ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- ¾ tsp Ground pepper, plus more to taste.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, cut zucchini into long strips. Chop the long strands once or twice so they're not too long. Place the zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for at least 15 minutes. Wrap in a large clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in Parmesan and pepper. Serve with more pepper, if desired.
by: Carolyn Casner