The Best Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 pound Ground beef.
- ½ – ¾ cup Chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 – 3 Garlic cloves, finely minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Chili powder.
- 2 tsp Ground cumin.
- 2 tsp Ground coriander.
- ½ tsp Salt.
- ¼ – ½ tsp Black pepper.
- 8 oz Can tomato sauce.
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded, and finely minced (optional).
- Taco shells.
- Taco toppings of choice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often and breaking the meat into small pieces, until the meat is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Off the heat, drain any excess grease, if needed.
- Return the skillet to the heat and stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds until the mixture smells fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce and minced jalapeños, if using. Simmer the mixture for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve in taco shells with your choice of toppings (makes great taco salad, too!).