Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls
Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls made with chunks of fresh tuna, avocado, cucumbers, spicy mayo, scallions cut on the bias served on a bed of steamed rice.
For the tuna
- ½ pound 1/2 pound sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ¼ cup Sliced scallions.
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce or gluten-free tamari.
- 1 tsp Sesame oil.
- ½ tsp Sriracha.
For the spicy mayo
- 2 tsp Light mayonnaise.
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce.
For The Bowl
- 1 cup Short grain brown rice or sushi white rice.
- 1 cup Cucumbers, peeled and diced 1/2-inch cubes
- ½ medium Hass avocado, (3 ounces) sliced.
- 2 Scallions, sliced for garnish
- 1 tsp Black sesame seeds.
- Soy sauce or for serving (optional).
- Sriracha, for serving (optional).
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and sriracha, thin with a little water to drizzle.
In a medium bowl, combine tuna with scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha. Gently toss to combine and set aside while you prepare the bowls.
In 2 bowls, layer 1/2 the rice, 1/2 the tuna, avocado, cucumber, and scallions.
Drizzle with spicy mayo and sesame seeds and serve with extra soy sauce on the side, if desired.