Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Zucchini Carrot muffins are a warm and yummy start to the day! This recipe is the perfect use for extra zucchini squash in the summer. Check out the original post and video from If you Give a Blond a Kitchen.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini, patted dry
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together vegetable oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined (be careful not to over mix). Add shredded zucchini and carrot, and stir until incorporated.
- Use a spoon (or an ice cream scoop) to transfer batter into prepared muffin pan until each cup is about three-quarters full. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar if desired². Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with little to no crumbs.
- Cool muffins in the pan for 3 minutes then remove muffins to a wire cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.