Nadiya’s Egg and Mushroom rolls
This recipe from the BBC's Nadiya's Time to Eat is a quick, easy and delicious recipe for anytime of day.
- 6 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- oil for frying
- 6 small tortilla wraps
- 85 g/3oz sliced black olives drained weight from 185g/6½oz jar
- 100 g/3½oz fresh frozen or tinned button mushrooms, sliced (optional), defrosted if frozen
- 6 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, then add the parsley, garlic granules, salt and pepper, and give everything a good mix.
- Put a small frying pan over a medium heat, and drizzle in two teaspoons of oil. Take the time at this stage to peel the tortillas away from each other.
- Put the olives into a bowl, and the sliced mushrooms, if using, in another bowl, and have both nearby. Pour 3 tablespoons of the egg mixture into the pan – the eggs should sizzle, but if they don’t, turn the heat up a little.
- Scatter a few olive slices and mushrooms onto the wet egg mix.
- Take a tortilla wrap and spread it with a teaspoon of sun-dried tomato paste. Quickly put the tortilla on top of the egg, paste-side down. While the wrap and egg are cooking, get the next wrap ready and spread with the paste.
- Using the back of a slotted spatula, press the top of the tortilla to help distribute the egg under the wrap. Cook for no more than 30 seconds, then, as soon as the egg has glued itself to the tortilla, flip over and cook on the other side just to warm it through for another 30 seconds.
- Take the pan off the heat and put the tortilla/egg on a plate. Roll the whole thing when it is cool enough to touch. Do the same with the rest of the wraps until the egg is used up. Serve.