This is a fantastic one pot meal that comes together in no time and is just as great the next day. Feel free to use the base recipe or sub out what every veggies you have on hand.
- 16 oz Boneless Chicken we prefer thighs but chicken breast would work as well
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- 15 oz can Garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 lrg Carrot
- 1 lrg Onion
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 cup Diced Zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Marjoram leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Uncooked Couscous
- In a dutch oven or large pot brown chicken pieces over medium heat until just cooked
- Using a slotted spoon transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside
- Add Onions, garlic, oil, and 2 Tbsp of broth
- Cook over medium heat until onions are tender (5-6 mins)
- Return chicken to the pot and add beans, carrots, celery, zucchini, thyme, marjoram, bay leaf, pepper and remaining broth
- Mix together and salt to taste
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15-20 mins or until vegetables are tender
- Remove from heat and add couscous, stir well
- Recover and let sit for 5 mins.
- Fluff couscous, remove and discard bay leaf, and serve.