Blueberry, Ham, and Brie Grilled Cheese
This sweet and savory sandwich features blueberries cooked into a simple jam and gooey cheese.
- 1 6 oz container blueberries
- 2 tsp honey
- pinch black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 8 oz pkg brie cheese
- 8 deli ham slices
- In a medium bowl, gently crush the blueberries just until they release their juices. In a small saucepan, cook blueberries, honey, and pepper on medium 5–6 min., until syrupy and reduced, stirring constantly.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the oil. Flip 4 slices over and spread each with 2 tbsp blueberry sauce.
- Thinly slice the Brie and divide among sandwiches. Top each with 2 slices of ham and remaining bread slices, oiled sides up.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sandwiches, 2 at a time, 3–4 min. per side, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.